Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Power and the Glory.


Last night we had a very bad storm come through our area. I love sleeping to the sound of rain but this was rain, wind and lightening. The lightening was hitting so close that it shook the windows and I could see the flash even through my closed eyelids. It was very intense for about an hour. But the good news is we made it through the storm ok.

A storm like that makes you aware of the amazing power in the universe and how small we really are compared to the world around us. If you don’t feel humble after witnessing something like that then you need to wake up and smell the roses. With all that power around us we could be gone in a split second. That dividing line between life and death is just a thin hair so I am grateful for yet another day on earth. There is so much I still want to do.

Many changes are happening in my life now. The phrase “Letting Go” keeps popping up here and there and that is what I am doing. Not letting go of life but letting go of the reigns. I am still moving and at a good pace but I am no longer trying to control things. And in doing so, my life is becoming much simpler and less complicated. I no longer struggle and I no longer feel responsible when things around me don’t go my way. I am confident that God is in control of my life and He will lead me where I need to go.

I see new things ahead of me now and I no longer dwell in the past. The future is much brighter than it has ever been. I know that the world may be crashing down around me but I can stay on course and make it to my final destination if I continue to give glory to God.

 

Have a wonderful day,

Greg

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to start letting go and just let each day come as it may and not stress about the little things. It is hard to do, but I think worth it if I can find a good balance.

    ReplyDelete